13 days to go. So close you can almost touch it! People tell me that I don’t look big enough for 8.5 months; however I feel like a house… One that is about to look like a foreclosure because I don’t have the time, money or energy for proper maintenance. I really don’t remember being this tired when I was pregnant with Maliya. But, chasing after a two year old is draining, to say the least. Aside from the severe exhaustion, it really has been a pretty smooth pregnancy-and I am thankful for that. I cannot believe that it is almost over- it has been quite an adventure.
We found out that we were pregnant just before Halloween 2009. So, I went through all of the holidays fatigued and without a holiday cocktail. I remember going to the Living Desert with my mom and Maliya on Halloween. I hadn’t told my mom that I was pregnant yet because we had just found out. I remember being sooo tired that I could barely walk… oh and I was sooo HOT. For Thanksgiving, we went to Las Vegas to visit the Schvaneveldt side of our family. We finally told my Mom and Stepdad (Gosh, a whole month later, come to think of it)! A week later, we had a pseudo-Thanksgiving dinner at Dad and Shelly’s. I remember it being so hard for me to share the news with them for some reason… I think I was still in disbelief. A couple of weeks later, we went to Disneyland with Russell’s parents. We wanted to tell them in person, so we let them in on the big news at that time too.
Now that we had the Fam out of the way, we could finally share the news with our friends. I was nervous to tell Amber and Allison. I was in both of their upcoming spring weddings, and I would be well into my 2nd trimester at that time. But they were happy and I was able to participate in all of the wedding festivities as a preggo. =)
It has been quite a busy 8+ months for me; but this little boy has hung in there throughout the entire journey. Now, we are on the last leg… tomorrow is my last day of work before I begin my maternity leave.

Wooooohooo and Horray for hanging in there little guy...it's a close to a chapter and a beginning to a new one!
ReplyDeleteYou told me in December because I remember I was making your Christmas bachelorette party bag...and removed all alcoholic substances ;)
ReplyDeleteI CANNOT WAIT TO MEET HIM! Props to you Jess for enduring through this Journey :) You were such a trooper amidst wedding season!
LOVE YOU!
Al, can you send me all of the reserved alcoholic substances on July 13... ;)
ReplyDelete