Sunday, July 4, 2010

False Start

Friday was a busy day. We had a doctor’s appointment in the morning and Russ was able to come! We haven’t talked to my OB since the kidney and weight issues arose, so I was really looking forward to discussing this with him. Russ hasn’t even met our OB- each time he comes to my appointment, I end up seeing the nurse. SO- when the NURSE walked into room 3A for our appointment, I was very upset. In fact, I had a little melt down in front of her. We only have one more opportunity to meet with the Doctor on Friday, July 9- and who knows if I will even make it that far! Once I recovered from my breakdown, they hooked me up to the NST (a test that I am taking to monitor the baby 2x a week as a result of our Bump in the Road). I had a couple of pretty strong contractions that the nurse was able to see on this test. She let me know that the baby could come any day and suggested walking and… getting intimate (Sorry- TMI!). Russ said it took everything in him not to High-5 the nurse. =)

Russ went back to work; and Maliya and I were BUSY all day! We went to the mall and walked around for hours. At about 7pm, contractions began! We were in total nesting mode. We prepared the car seats, put together our overnight bag, washed the baby’s clothes… all while my contractions were becoming stronger and closer together. At about 9pm, I decided to lie down and get some rest, assuming that we may have to go to the hospital later that night. The contractions were very strong and woke me up from sleep throughout the night. At about midnight, I woke up and did some dishes and more laundry- I went back to sleep at 2am. I continued to have contractions and woke up again at 5am- still assuming we may be heading to the hospital soon. Russ was supposed to go golfing at Classic Club at 8am with some buddies at a super low rate, but cancelled (thanks babe=)).


But, at about 7am, my contractions stopped COMPLETELY! We continued walking throughout the day on Saturday.  We walked around the COD Swap Meet and walked around Costco for a while....but the contractions still haven't picked up.

I guess it was just a False Start.

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness!! False starts means it's so very close...I hope you are doing well now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t decide if I am more impressed that you are in good spirits despite lack of sleep, pain and discomfort, OR that you did laundry and the dishes at midnight. ;) Rock Star Nester-ama Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo for false labor BUT it's going to be any day now! I love your patience, it's no fun having to be sent back home from the hospital because you're not in labor-Like the walk of shame lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... the Walk of Shame =)

    ReplyDelete